What do I have to do to get hospice care?

Anyone can inquire about hospice services. You can call us (or another hospice that serves your area) and request an evaluation. We will contact your physician to obtain his/her approval to perform a hospice evaluation. You can also call your physician and ask them to contact us directly for a referral. If your loved one lives in an assisted living facility or nursing home, the facility social worker will be able to assist you in requesting a hospice evaluation. If your loved one is hospitalized, you can talk with the hospital discharge planner to request hospice services.