A gift to the Addus Hope Foundation ensures that we can continue to support hospice patients in need, and continue to grant final wishes. The Addus Hope Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our goal is to redefine hope for patients, and their families, by equipping them with the resources to live out their final months with dignity, compassion and respect.
Ways to Get Involved
- Make a tax-deductible donation
- In lieu of flowers, ask friends and loved ones to send donations to the Hope Foundation in memory of your loved one.
- Contact us for specific needs and requests
How Does The Hope Foundation Help?
- Supports local agencies in providing additional social, emotional and spiritual support to patients and their loved ones
- Helps provide for final wishes and goals to be possible
- Arranges hobby related outings for patients and their loved ones
- Assists in the coordination of final arrangements
An Example of How We Help –
A Two-Decade Hug and Goodbye –
On admission to hospice, a mom was burdened with a heavy heart. She wasn’t burdened over her own condition, but rather that it had been over 20 years since she had last seen her son. Her son was incarcerated in a federal prison, and this had prevented the two from seeing one another. The mom’s final wish while on our hospice care was to visit, and hug, her son – knowing that this would most likely be their last chance. Thanks to an amazing hospice team, and resources from the Addus Hope Foundation, we were able to make this final wish a reality. Through advocacy and resource brokering, we were able to find support for the entire 5-day trip. The mom was able to spend several days with her son, and give him the hug she had been waiting on for over two decades. Not only did this provide closure and emotional healing for the mom, but also for her son as well.
With your help, we can make more wishes come true!